Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Beginning

There are all of these changes going on in my life, big changes. Soon I will be a homeowner and a dad (father, pop???). And out of sheer lack of creativity I mimic my wife (SunMoonYarn) by creating a blog. I want to chronicle the events in my life from moving into a new house, making furniture and other DIY projects for that home, and the birth, growth, and passing of all my DIY knowledge to my soon to be born son.

My wife and I have just about finished the process of buying a house, we close October 26th. I already have a million plans for projects I want to complete for the new house. I have been collecting the tools for quite a while now but since I have not had a dedicated workspace like the 2-car garage I will soon have, I have not been motivated to begin any one significant project. I have done everything from installing a tile floor, painting, and general repairs in the rental house we are currently living in, but none of that was really for my family. I can't wait to build Plantation Shutters and baby room furniture as soon as I get into my garage.

I will continue this blog from time to time and add pictures of my work so everyone that may be interested can watch me progress as a father, husband, DIYer, and furniture craftsman, the latter which I want to have as a business by the time I retire.

No comments: